I just have to write and say--for various reasons--that I am glad we moved from Houston. But today, I am most glad we moved because of Hurricane Ike. I hope our friends back in Houston are safe, and that they don't loose power/flood or anything else that usually happens during these storms. It can get ugly bad before, during and after the storm. I know how much it stinks to have long lines at the gas stations, long lines at the grocery check-out, and looking around and seeing the shelves of stores almost bare with people getting all tense and crazy--all before the storm hits... The Sky is blue unusually quiet. There is definitely a "calm before the storm"... We have felt the side-effects of Ike here in Florida and have even had gas stations here run out of gas. Seriously??? That I really don't understand, and actually got very annoyed last night when I had to go to 3 gas stations to fill up the car...
We do hope and pray that our friends stay safe and that this storm passes without too much damage. Growing up, Hurricane (hurr-i-cun) was a town in Southern Utah. Now I know it is (hurr-i-cane--just like it is spelled) and haven been through a few, I feel like I am better prepared. I still have not gotten used to rain that comes down almost sideways, or the horrible howling sound of the wind, or the silence when the eye of the storm passes overhead. But I do prefer it to blizzards, white outs while driving, and below freezing temperatures with wind chill factor:)
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Very Cute.... I like the new background...
Post a Comment