Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SUMMER FUN!

Well, summer has been a lot of fun thus far!!! The kids and I went to Utah for most of the month of June. It was a great time for the kids to hang out with their Grandma and play with their cousins and friends in Fillmore. I realized how much I missed the carefree laidback attitude of the small town. It was so nice to let the kids "be kids" and go outside and play, go for walks, hang out with buddies around town without my constant concern or hovering. It was all very relaxing!

I had the BEST time on a girls weekend trip to California with the FOXES of MHS--my oldest and dearest friends. I laughed and giggled more on this trip than I had in a very long time. We had not all been together for a number of years, but oddly, it seemed like we picked up right where we left off... These incredible women know me better I know me at times, and me them. It was a wonderful time and I hope to celebrate our bond of friendship again soon!

I was also able to meet up with my college roommates in Vegas. I missed seeing Mel, but it seems fate had other plans with all the sick kids that kept her away. I hope to see her soon and catch up with her! It was just nice to be around good friends and to remember all the fun crazy times we had together! It was the cherry on my sundae!

I had hoped to do more yardwork at my mom's, but it didn't happen. Something about me and a chainsaw on a ladder seemed to scare people--that and the close proximity to the power line, but I got a lot done, and Cara should be able to finish the mulch this summer!

I came back to Florida with a renewed sense of self and with such clarity of thought. While I was in Vegas actually, I was offered a new job here in Florida. I had interviewed before I left, while I was on vacation and came in to make it official once I was back in G'ville. This was the answer to my prayers and I am so excited about the future! I will be teaching PE in a private elementary school, and taking some masters classes!

This is abbreviated and seems to be a lot jammed packed in here, but I will add more thoughts and pictures soon!

Life is good!

No comments:

Holidays

Brentwood Holiday Concert 2009

Not So Scarry Halloween 2008