Sunday, February 21, 2010

Primary SUPER BOWL of Star Singers

I started a STAR Singer Club (adapted from Beehive Messages blog) for primary this year. Star Singer Superbowl matches our theme for the year in a different post.



Class footballs on the neon green field


Super Bowl Singing Feild, Some of the class footballs, Penalty Flag--I didn't have room for the end zone, so I drew it on the board when I hung the field.

SINGING SUPER BOWL


On Super Bowl Sunday, I made a rather bright, football field, a football for each class, a penalty flag, brought a whistle, I wore a black and white shirt and black skirt to be the "REFEREE". For decorations I had some football helmets, pom poms and a large #1 foam finger. Each classes football started on the 10 yard line.

In Jr Primary, the teachers and I decided how many "yards" of singing the classes got after each verse or song we sang. Most were 10 or 20 yards. I moved the classes footballs to the next yard marker after each song and they all scored a "Touchdown" at the same time in our Singing time Super Bowl! I would cheer with the pom poms after a good performance, or hold up the #1 Foam Finger for Super Good singing. I had the penalty flag ready to throw for rowdy behavior or silliness, but I didn't get to throw it once;)... The kids did a great job!

In Sr Primary, we reviewed I know That My Savior Loves Me and He Sent His Son. Before each song verse, I would say, "the class that sings the best or answers the question correctly will get 10, 15, or 20 yards for this play." At the end of singing time, each class was given one final chance for a Touchdown (Hail Mary Pass) to score--no matter where they were on the field. The kids were great and all Scored a touchdown.

I talked about being on a team greater than the Colts or Saints or even the Florida Gators:) We are all apart of our Heavenly Fathers team and can score our own Touchdowns by trying to be like our Savior! It was a lot of fun and the kids sang great!

I took some pictures of my prop. The field wasn't my best, but late Saturday Night I thought of this and that was the only green poster board I could find. I think I need a cricut to cut out cute letters and such... The flag was tissue paper and a last minute addition to help with being reverent... I am saving this for Gator Football Season next fall! To wrap it up, we

No comments:

Holidays

Brentwood Holiday Concert 2009

Not So Scarry Halloween 2008